Saturday 5 June 2010

NaBloPo|Mo - Day 4

The very first thing that pops into my mind, when i think of my Father is - A LOVING AND CARING PERSON, who never cease to work hard to keep all in the family happy.......My dad started working at an early age of 16, after the demise of my grandfather. Being eldest of 7 children, hestarted working by putting up stall in the streets of bangalore, slowly getting employment in restaurants in chennai, then in a small town called arcot. He worked his way up to the position fo manager and in 1985, with the help of his brothers, opened his own restaurant in a small Industrial area of ranipet - sipcot. But, unfortunately, like anyother Indian father, he had very less time to family, as he was always at work, because of which me and my brother were more close to my mom than my dad. And moreover, we were a bit scared of him too......When he is in good mood, then its full of joy and happiness all around and he seldom gets angry, but when he does so, we are terrified. Any oppurtunity of holiday, he always used to take us to visit some place or the other, with every year summer holidays, we used to go for some 3/5 day tour, thereby we have covered almost all of tamilnadu (unfortunately, i dont remember many of those places, as i was too small to remember then). Now he took retirement from his work and closed his restaurant, after much compulsion by me and my brother. Now he is enjoying his retirement, though he havent stopped work compleely,a s he still goes to help out my uncles for few days in a month......Love you dad!!!!!

No comments: